Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trans Flare

1. Top Of Page | #1

Trans Flare

2015 2500 just did deletes and installed MM3 with DRD tunes (awesome).

It seems I have a 2-300 rpm flare between shifts when I baby the truck around town at say 15% throttle position.

If I drive it more on the aggressive side it seems to shift fine say at over 50% throttle position.

I have read through the Revmax relearn procedure but I’m not sure if that applies to my year model truck.

Has any one else had this issue and what was the fix.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Trans Flare

Is it a stock trans?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have a 15 2500 also in a Megacab.

I also have DRD tunes installed and a RevMax valve body.

From what I have been told and read, shift flares are there from the factory. They are there to protect the transmission.

I don’t think there is a “fix” for them. Other than getting your tuner to compensate for them.

Mine don’t bother me. If it make my transmission last, I will smile every time it shifts. I don’t drive mine hard either. I too stay around 15-20% load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

Yes

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

Thanks 10-4 for the info

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Perfectly normal. Check out the videos on @DRD webpage. He has an entire video dedicated to explaining the shift flare, and what mods you need to install if you want to tune it out.

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The Revmax relearn process will apply to all 68RFE transmissions.

The shift flare is the just the computer protecting the transmission from the Cummins in front of it.

For what it’s worth I have a Revmax 550 transmission and their low stall converter in my truck and I’ve still got shift flare all day long.

The only thing I could have done differently was their ultra low stall converter but I opted out of that as they told me it could feel like the truck was pulling through the brakes at stoplights.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

@10-4 you’re running the RevMax VB, when you installed or had installed did you do a quick learn process or just do the trans relearn for the first 500 miles or so?

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I spoke to Revmax earlier this week before purchasing their VB and the rep on the phone told me to make sure to keep the lockup schedule the same as stock.

He also said Ray will know what to do and keep them stock.

The shift flare is just protecting the trans.

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrightWhiteCummins View Post
    @10-4 you’re running the RevMax VB, when you installed or had installed did you do a quick learn process or just do the trans relearn for the first 500 miles or so?

You have to do the quick learn process.

I had to take it to the dealership and have mine done.

Not sure if you can do it with the MM3.

Mine was not deleted at the time I did it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast