Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delete truck while making it look stock

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Delete truck while making it look stock

Is this even worth doing? Mount the EGR on top of the plate etc. around here they rebuilt the exhaust with a fake can, so it looks correct.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Delete truck while making it look stock

Quote Originally Posted by Houairman View Post
    Is this even worth doing? Mount the EGR on top of the plate etc. around here they rebuilt the exhaust with a fake can, so it looks correct.
    If you have to pass a visual inspection then it probably is. If they actually test your truck then its not worth the time.

Some guys gut the factory exhaust and put it back on. All the sensors are hooked up so it looks like its working...

its working.jpg

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

In TX so far, rumors of emissions testing. I’m guessing they only do visual inspection and read the codes in the truck. So looks like I’ll need a fake can and test pipe to mount the sensors. Anyone on here done this? I’m trying to reduce the changes, I’ll need to do every time it gets inspected.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I don't think anyone can build a fake DPF/SCR that will pass a visual by anyone that knows what they are looking for.

If you're going to go down that road, best bet is to hollow out the OEM stuff.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Feeling pretty good now. My extended warranty doesn’t require taking it to the dealer. I can go to my trusted ASE certified, Cummins certified mechanic. They’re cracking down on deleted trucks DPS issuing tickets on the side of the road, having trucks towed. Going for the discrete delete. Tuner, EGR block off plate, throttle valve, wait to do the rest later.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

When I had my Ecodiesel I ran a GDE tune. That kept every piece of emissions equipment there and physically unaltered. What it did was a myriad of operational things plus turning off the EGR and turning off the DEF sensors. I used water in my DER tank and some years had the option of just allowing it to dry. Without an EGR it ran super clean in the oil without that darn soot.

The DPF was there and it did do Regenerations. Fuel mileage increased and there were performance differences. Man it was the best. Dealer never had a clue for over 5 years.

I have been totally unable to find anything that could be done with my new 2019 Cummins.

8. Likes RamIt liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMal View Post
    When I had my Ecodiesel I ran a GDE tune. That kept every piece of emissions equipment there and physically unaltered. What it did was a myriad of operational things plus turning off the EGR and turning off the DEF sensors. I used water in my DER tank and some years had the option of just allowing it to dry. Without an EGR it ran super clean in the oil without that darn soot.

The DPF was there and it did do Regenerations. Fuel mileage increased and there were performance differences. Man it was the best. Dealer never had a clue for over 5 years.

I have been totally unable to find anything that could be done with my new 2019 Cummins.
    Emissions intact tuning exists for the Cummins and it does very close to what you’ve described.

When the time comes for you, that option will likely be significantly more refined.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Where did you get the tune?

This sounds like the route I’ll go at first, if possible.

16' Ram 2500, long bed, 3000lb toolbox, MM3 tuner, EGRless tuned by DRD, kicker 12's, viper alarm with remote start. Delete warp tunes by DRD, 12v sound, whistle sound, race pipe exhaust & 30” FTE resonator

19’ Jeep Grand Cherokee limited

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Houairman View Post
    Feeling pretty good now. My extended warranty doesn’t require taking it to the dealer. I can go to my trusted ASE certified, Cummins certified mechanic. They’re cracking down on deleted trucks DPS issuing tickets on the side of the road, having trucks towed. Going for the discrete delete. Tuner, EGR block off plate, throttle valve, wait to do the rest later.
    Where is this happening? There is so much talk about tickets and towing but I haven’t seen anyone post it was them or someone they knew. I am not doubting it but real curious!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Cali people moved to Austin, Austin people moved to Houston. Brought that crap with them, so my mechanic says

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast