Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Transfer tunes from a 16 to a 12?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Transfer tunes from a 16 to a 12?

I sold my truck, but retained the MM3 and all wiring. A friend with a 2012 Cummins wants to buy it, but I’m not sure on compatibility. Could I just sell the hardware to him and then send him to Ray for tunes, or could he use my Warp tunes on his truck? I emailed Ray a few days ago, but haven’t heard back.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Transfer tunes from a 16 to a 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake94134 View Post
    I sold my truck, but retained the MM3 and all wiring. A friend with a 2012 Cummins wants to buy it, but I’m not sure on compatibility. Could I just sell the hardware to him and then send him to Ray for tunes, or could he use my Warp tunes on his truck? I emailed Ray a few days ago, but haven’t heard back.
    @DRD

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks Jake94134 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jake94134 View Post
    You can sell the tuner. The new owner would have to purchase a VIN license from MM3 power to use the tuner on another truck. Then the new owner could purchase tuning from us for their truck.

Tunes are VIN specific and cannot be transferred to another truck.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks RamIt, Jake94134, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DRD View Post
    You can sell the tuner. The new owner would have to purchase a VIN license from MM3 power to use the tuner on another truck. Then the new owner could purchase tuning from us for their truck.

Tunes are VIN specific and cannot be transferred to another truck.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Thanks Ray!

8. Thanks DRD, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

On a separate note, what’s an MM3 and all associated wiring worth?

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post