Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2g swap high E G T

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2g swap high E G T

Quote Originally Posted by flanagan View Post
    Yes
    and going up hill at about 8800 feet in elevation..

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Your elevation is the problem.
    Well yeah. . . 8800 feet Yikes! You use oxygen tanks up there?

The compounds will help, but you have a real problem otherwise. It's almost like you need a monster secondary turbo. It's hard to compress air that hide. My best guess would be to look into a blower. The compression characteristics are different. But even that will have to be a monster. You'll have to be real careful once you came down off the mountain

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Yeah it's crazy I just did a 800 mile round trip to Nebraska and back things were a little better down there but still edt's were just barely controllable I can't imagine hooking up the horse trailer
    I need to be able to tow that is the hole reason I did the swap I'm going to check for boost leaks tomorrow if that comes back clean I don't know what I'm going to do... it's the Same on stock tune as 200 tune

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Do I need to ditch the whole thing and go back stock. The wife is starting to get upset with me after all of this she wants me to be able to tow her horses and I told her don't worry I'm making it better but things have gotten worse
    The truck does run really nice and has great acceleration I'm scared to hook up a trailer if EGT's didn't matter it Wouldn't be a problem

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel any advice?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    @Double R Diesel any advice?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*
    Drive the truck in manual mode to keep the rpms and boost up, and/or go back to .90 AR housing to spool the turbo quicker. Maybe even a compound setup.

We have already discussed the pros and cons of installing a fixed geometry turbo at the altitude if which this truck operates. One thing to remember is a 6.7 is much more tolerate to high egts than a 5.9. 1300 degrees on a 5.9 and you are killing it. 6.7s can handle 1500-1600 degrees without damage long as you don't hold it there long. So yes it's an issue, but not a huge issue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Cumminstrokethis, flanagan thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Can I use the 465 in a compound set up
    I really do like the stainless diesel kit it installed quite easily even though I added an exhaust brake in the down pipe ray has been awesome

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Even operating the truck at 22 2400 rpm the e.g. T's will still climb into the high 9 hundred to mid-1000 is that safe.

I still need to hook my trailer up I'm wondering what will happen with that?

Will an aftermarket in intercooler make any significant difference.

Pusher grid delete banks monster RAM with BD coill heater mashined into the top with charge pipes mishimoto 180 thermostat mishimoto radiator mishimoto intercooler new water pump new serpentine belt mishimoto liquid chill...new ac condenser.
    It helped a little bit about 150 degrees or so but man thay drop fast when letting off the skinny pedal even just a little bit on the steep climbs probably not worth all the cash but I am happy with it.I will be doing compounds next.. Just like Ray told me a word to the wise just Listen to Ray
    At DRD and save your self some time and maybe a little bit of cash in the long run...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12