Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  144
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AlfaOBD Success Yet Again!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: AlfaOBD Success Yet Again!

On a 2015 will AlfaOBD reset the limp mode countdown?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by razor25 View Post
    On a 2015 will AlfaOBD reset the limp mode countdown?
    What is this limp mode "countdown"?

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    What is this limp mode "countdown"?
    I believe it's when the emissions start going out, and the dash cluster reads something like "reduced power in 200 miles."

I never waited around to experience that message, LOL. .

2021 Ram 2500 Crew Cab SB, Billet Silver Night Edition, Tuned by CCS/EFI Live, 5 position SOTF, 5" exhaust with Aeroturbine 5050xl resonator/muffler, S&B Intake, 295/60's on stock 20's.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jwaller View Post
    I believe it's when the emissions start going out, and the dash cluster reads something like "reduced power in 200 miles."

I never waited around to experience that message, LOL. .

2021 Ram 2500 Crew Cab SB, Billet Silver Night Edition, Tuned by CCS/EFI Live, 5 position SOTF, 5" exhaust with Aeroturbine 5050xl resonator/muffler, S&B Intake, 295/60's on stock 20's.
    Plugged particulate filter.

I know this program can do a force, Regen.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

I mentioned this before, but I want to put it into an AlfaOBD thread.

I have turned on my security system and had a keyless entry but no alarm.

I tried to find out why I couldn't turn it on, Googled, etc., but it only comes up with add-on aftermarket alarm kits you scotch lock (damage) into the original wiring.

Knowing a body computer controls everything, there must be a way.

Done; I have a complete security system and a red lamp in the dash, so it's listed as VTA or vehicle theft alert for those looking.

Also, I have the Autel MS906S scan tool, a very powerful bi-directional scan tool that runs on the Android system, so I installed the AlfaOBD in that also and added the USB OBD cable into the case, so now I have an extremely powerful scan tool.

I am selling my Autel MX808 to a good pal.

10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

I bought a new FOBIK and programmed it quickly, but I also bought just the plain key, cut it to code, then programmed it.

Keeping it in safe for spare or emergency, small brass tag with my PIN and key code stamped into it.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Usmc42 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

I just noticed AlfaOBD would perform Quicklearn, VIN write, and Shift Solenoid tests for the Aisin (ASC69RC) transmission MY 2013-19 and 2019+.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I just noticed AlfaOBD would perform Quicklearn, VIN write, and Shift Solenoid tests for the Aisin (ASC69RC) transmission MY 2013-19 and 2019+.

Yes, those are "active tests" where you can check lots of things by manually making things come on.

Go to "vehicle configuration" in that menu from the body control module, scroll down to the "LIN" section, then VTA Security, and turn on your alarm.

I just turned on my buddy's 2015 RAM alarm within the last hour, the same one on which I did monster ram and Spyntech free wheeling hubs.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123