Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  57
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

1. Top Of Page | #51

User Info Menu

Re: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

Does this sound familiar? One of the negative reviews on the Amazon filters you purchased. Please send them your feedback also as it may help someone else.

1.0 out of 5 stars This item (front filter) would not allow fuel to pass through.
    Reviewed in the United States on June 9, 2020
    Size: 67AA-91AAVerified Purchase
    Thought I had an air lock in the line. Bled all cylinders. (what a hastle). Took the filter out, put it back in twice. Bled the lines again. Could not get it to start. Just on a hunch, nothing left to try. Decided to spray carb cleaner on old filter. Let it dry, reinstalled old filter. Engine turned over first try. This filter is a piece of #@&$.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Likes jgruberman, Molliewhopper, Power247, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Yes, they are still on sale. Look like you are going to double your cost, but at least you know what you are getting.

https://www.genosgarage.com/category/fuel-filters

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

I may go this route depending the one I ordered. As soon as I discovered it was the front filter I ordered this after confirming it's OEM.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ROGZUE..._tmigFbYCFC3CQ

However, if it's not OEM packaged and labeled then I'll likely go the Geno's route.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

4. Likes AK Bob, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #53

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Does this sound familiar? One of the negative reviews on the Amazon filters you purchased. Please send them your feedback also as it may help someone else.

1.0 out of 5 stars This item (front filter) would not allow fuel to pass through.
    Reviewed in the United States on June 9, 2020
    Size: 67AA-91AAVerified Purchase
    Thought I had an air lock in the line. Bled all cylinders. (what a hastle). Took the filter out, put it back in twice. Bled the lines again. Could not get it to start. Just on a hunch, nothing left to try. Decided to spray carb cleaner on old filter. Let it dry, reinstalled old filter. Engine turned over first try. This filter is a piece of #@&$.

I wonder if their filter source changed, that one you posted is recent as well as my own experience.

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    I may go this route depending the one I ordered. As soon as I discovered it was the front filter I ordered this after confirming it's OEM.

However, if it's not OEM packaged and labeled then I'll likely go the Geno's route.

The reviews on this one do look a lot better.

When you consider the cost of replacing the fuel pump and injectors it’s definitely worth paying the extra cost.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes Molliewhopper, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

After looking back, this is what I apparently ordered:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K72R4BB..._F5hgFbMR59DGJ

I just ordered whatever I had ordered previously, so maybe I got lucky and got a GOOD filter the first time.

Oh boy!

I hope as many people possible read this.

Mopar or fleetguard.

The money difference is small in comparison to the issue you just had.

This is not a shot at you, as you along with many others probably just dont know.

So I hope this ends up helping a few more anyway make a good filter choice.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Top Of Page | #56

User Info Menu

Wow, what an adventure.

You should be good to go from here now though.

That's the same vendor and filter I ordered last time I needed them and they are true Cummins/Fleetguard filters.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

11. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #57

User Info Menu

For what it's worth, here are pics of the new filter.

Seems better at first glance.

13. Likes RATLIN'HP, AK Bob, Power247, SyN liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

Just think of the thousands of 6.7L owners who don't like to get their hands dirty & take their 60K - $70K Rams to these fast lube places & spend $300-$400 to have both of these filters replaced with cheap imitation OEM filters!

I can almost guarantee - non of these fast lube establishments stock Mopar OEM filters or Fleetguard - especially the Nano-net front engine filter.

I only wish these OEM / Fleetguard filters (Nano-net) were not 2X overpriced!
    For just a bit of plastic & 4oz of filter media is flipping mind blowing...

"Once again: It's best only to use a 28mm 6pt socket on the cheesy front engine plastic filter cap"...

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

15. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #59

User Info Menu

I'll be honest, I haven't put the new front filter in yet... sort of afraid to.

17. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #60

User Info Menu

I went ahead & replaced the rear filter yesterday - with a Fleetguard @ 11,700 miles...
    With the proper tools it was fairly easy - Marion Blairs video helped a lot in Preperation...

I've chosen to order a spare sensor - so I can already have it on the new filter when installing the new filter - just hand tighten & plug in sensor & done...
    Then remove the other sensor from the old filter once out from under the truck... (So much easier).

I will wait until the 15K mile mark to replace the front engine filter - since it's more of a polisher.
    The rear filter seems to take most of the abuse...
    I still have to replace the factory drain tube with a much longer tube - so draining will be much less messy...
    Once again - Thank You Marion!

Rear = 3/8" drain tube
    Front = 1/2" drain tube

Edit: Uncle sent me one of his Wix WF10255NP filters (rated for 2 microns) to use...
    He has been running Wix @ both ends for over 35K mikes with zero issues.

"I don't know what efficiency that 2 microns is measured at - might be @ 95% absolute"...

Found the Front filter @ $38 & Rear filter @ $41 --Now the prices will double since I found them...

SyN Disclaimer: I'm not recommending the Wix - only sharing a filter with synthetic media - rated @ 2 micron (Efficiency is Unknown whether Absolute or Nominal)

I think the smart choice is to only use this filter only in an emergency situation - since I personally feel the front engine filter is more critical & the Nano-Net filters should be used.
    Racor: I think still produces the rear water separator for - Mopar/Fleetguard/Wix/Baldwin/Hastings - all these are rated at 3 to 6 microns @ 98% efficiency...
    The Donaldson P551833 is made with synthetic media & rated at 2 microns @ 95% efficiency...

Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

19. Likes AK Bob liked this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast